Basic Community Relation Policies
Basic Policies of the NuFlare Technology Group The NuFlare Technology Group Standards of Conduct stipulate basic policies on community relations of the company and basic action guidelines for all directors and employees. Based on the principle of respect for human dignity, NuFlare Technology seeks to create value that contributes to the development of industry foundations and to the improvement of the living and cultural standards of people throughout the world.
Basic Policies on Community Activities
NuFlare Technology shall:
- Contribute to and cooperate with all local communities in which we operate and perform our duties as a member of these communities. We will also cooperate and work with a wide range of stakeholders including NPOs, NGOs, administrative agencies and international agencies.
- Support directors and employees in undertaking voluntary activities and give full consideration to each individual's desire to exercise his or her civil rights.
- Make appropriate donations in each country and region where we operate, after considering the contribution to the community, the public nature, and the reasons for making the donations.
- Try to improve our brand image in all aspects of our relationships with the communities and contribute to and cooperate with all local communities and perform our duties as a member of these communities.
Action Guidelines for Directors and Employees in Community Activities
Directors and employees of NuFlare Technology shall:
- Assure that NuFlare Technology undertake all activities in harmony with the community, by respecting the local culture and community traditions and customs.
- Actively participate in developing communication with the local community, to encourage and maintain mutual respect and understanding.
- Actively participate in community activities and voluntary activities.
- Pay due consideration on a daily basis to environmental issues, including global warming, and actively participate in environmental activities of local communities.
- Maintain integrity and common sense in all aspects of their relationships with these communities.
Local Community Activities
NuFlare Technology proactively takes part in local community activities, such as cleanup activities around the office, donations to volunteer groups and volunteer activities in areas where the employees reside. Between 2016 and 2017, NuFlare Technology participated in the Mount Fuji cleanup and tree-planting volunteer project, donated picture books and stamps to libraries and volunteer groups, and held cleanup activities around the office. Participation in the cleanup and tree-planting volunteer activity was part of a Mt. Fuji conservation project. Donation of picture books and stamps to libraries and volunteer groups
Mt. Fuji conservation project
Donation of picture books and stamps to libraries and volunteer groups
Joint Research with the Tokyo Institute of Technology
By making use of the joint research course system of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, NuFlare Technology launched the NuFlare Technology Joint Research Course on Future Technology on April 1, 2018. With the aim of developing innovative technologies for next-generation semiconductor manufacturing equipment, participants in this course are conducting basic research into innovative technologies that will become pillars of the company’s future business. For details, visit this page.
Received the Technical Achievement Award at ADMETA 2017
At the committee of Advanced Metallization Conference (ADMETA) 2017, the paper written by members of our TFW Equipment Engineering Department "The Origin and Suppression of Critical Deep-Pit in the HEMT Structure Using GaN on Si Technology with Strained Layer Super Lattice", received the Technical Achievement Award.The paper was selected only one out of 54 papers as the Technical Achievement Award because it was evaluated such as "much attention" and "the mechanism of the problem was clarified by careful analysis".The ADMETA is heading for its 28th historical meeting, which is organized to stimulate and enhance the researcher and development of ULSI interconnect technology since 1989, and has a long record of important contributions to practical progress for advanced MPU and various memory devices. For details, visit this page.
Participation in Industrial Organizations
NuFlare Technology plays active roles in the semiconductor industry as a member of the Semiconductor Equipment Association of Japan (SEAJ) and the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI)
Citizen-judge Leave System
NuFlare Technology has introduced a “citizen-judge leave” system to help employees serve as citizen judges. Regular employees of the company who appear in court in accordance with the Act on Criminal Trials with Participation of Saiban-in are entitled to use this leave system. Under this system, employees may receive their daily base pay rate for each day upon which they appear in court.